One Silicon Chip Photonics
Integrated Photonics Design & Test Specialist
Location: Downtown Montreal
OSCP is a fabless, Canadian company whose technology portfolio focuses on photonic integrated sensors. The technology involves developing simple, compact, low cost, low power consuming, and high-performance sensors for applications in navigation systems such as Inertial Measurement Units (gyroscopes and accelerometers).
The ideal candidate will have a strong expertise in physics and more specifically on the interaction, propagation and manipulation of optical waves. He/she will be an experimentalist with hands-on experience in the simulation and characterization of integrated optical devices, deep knowledge in micro-optical sensors especially in the field of micro-optical resonators. Self-motivation, meticulous, leadership and strong communication skills are required, as well as a sense of initiative and fresh ideas. He/she needs to be good at self-learninng. Good at knowing what skill or knowledge he/she's missing.
- Deep knowledge in micro-optical sensors especially in the field of micro-optical resonators
- Minimum B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in Integrated-Photonics is a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of programming and experience in C, C++, Matlab, Python, Golang, or similar language
- Master in optical simulations using Lumerical or equivalent softwares
- Experience in cleanroom, motion sensors and MEMS is a plus;
- Experience in signal processing is an asset
- Hands-on experience working with optical components such as splitters, circulators, isolators, phase modulators, lasers, detectors, etc...
- Leadership and strong communication skills
- Sense of initiative and fresh ideas
- Highly meticulous and detail oriented to ensure that design specifications are applied as intended, that sufficient documentation is provided and that issues are resolved effectively.
- Tangible technical achievements, which might include relevant work experience, patents, successful projects or publications
- One should have dynamic project management skills, adaptive to fast-pace start-up working environment and must be a team player
- Self-motivated, strong time management skills in order to reliably deliver solutions within budget and tight timelines to meet customer’s expectations
- Strong participation as a team member as well as working independently; highly energetic and confident to convey a positive and professional attitude and demeanour in all interactions with others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; highly effective in formulating and communicating concepts, ideas, strategy to internal / external parties
- Excellent research skills using Internet and printed materials; Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Industry experience is absolutely required
- Performing Lumerical simulation for Photonics Integrated Circuits (PIC)-based building blocks
- PIC building blocks (Splitter, circulator, filters, resonators, etc..) characterization
- Programming in C++, Matlab, Python, or similar language to model device performances.
- Working closely with hardware electronics team
- Build optical setup, perform electro-optical experiments
- Data analysis and reporting
- Participate in all aspect of the design of the opto-electronics devices
- Procurement of optical, electro-optical and electronics parts based on performance needs
* Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicant needs to be a permanent resident of Canada.