One Silicon Chip Photonics
The Operation Manager will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations activities in the organization, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization.
The Operation Manager will report directly to the CEO and is responsible for the efficiency of the business by providing the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that OSCP has the business strategy, culture, operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively and sustainably grow the organization rapidly, launch new products/platforms, conduct acquisitions, and ensure operating efficiency. We're looking for an experienced, dedicated strategic leader with minimum 2+ years of experience in semiconductor (hardware), someone with a passion for efficiency and employee engagement to help continue driving the organization’s growth. Someone who loves technology and knows how to automate business processes through the various systems.
- Oversee the efficient day-to-day operations of the organization
- Build and manage an organizational structure that effectively responds to the evolving needs of the business, and ensure that all day-to-day operations are consistently aligned with organizational objectives
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and fosters employee engagement.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train management-level staff in the department.
- Set and drive the organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs and present periodic performance reports and metrics to CEO.
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Ensure that personnel attain quality and service standards established by the company.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Establish, implement, and communicate the strategic direction of the organization’s operations division
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Work with our partners to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensure that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Establish, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Motivate and lead the engineers, ensuring a success-oriented, accountable, agile environment through feedback, constructive criticism, mentoring, and training
- Assess and manage the principal risks of the organization's business operations
- Develop, communicate, and implement effective growth strategies and processes.
- Motivate the management team and the rest of the company by promoting a high-performance culture
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Review and approve cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
- Identify training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; MBA will be a plus
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Experience building a talented team to achieve business growth
- At least 2 years of proven experience as a operation manager, COO, or equivalent position in Photonics or Semiconductor industry.
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. HR, development, sales, procurement, production, etc.)
- Experience in MEMS or Photonics devices or related industries is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills: Word, Microsoft 365 including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Teams
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget, resource development, and strategic planning
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team and motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, attention to details and commitment to corporate mission
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Strong stakeholder communication (written/verbal) and influencing skills
- Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures