One Silicon Chip Photonics
1. Signal Processing Engineer – Electronic Engineer
OSCP is a fabless, Canadian company whose technology portfolio focuses on photonic integrated sensors. The technology involves developing simple, compact, low cost, low power consuming, and high-performance sensors for applications in navigation systems such as Inertial Measurement Units (gyroscopes and accelerometers).
The candidate will contribute to elaborate complex instrument setup that involves optoelectronics measurement, signal processing with lock-in and FPGA programing. He/she will mandate to troubleshoot setup to increase signal to noise ratio. One should be able to Measure noise via Allan Variance method and propose a new scheme for device configuration to improve sensor precision. Elaborate measurement strategy to fully characterize inertial devices (acceleration, vibration stability, thermal stability, stress stability, etc). Participate in fixing specifications for new products. He/she will design PCB, fabricate, and assemble electronic devices and interact with supplier for electronics manufacturing.
Ideally, you have knowledge in quality control and statistical process control. This is a start-up environment, so you need a pro-active attitude, need to be creative and self motivated. You need to be hands-on (be able to make your own setup) and be ready for multi-functional tasks. We are looking for someone that likes to work in team to achieve common goals. This is high technology field, so you need to be comfortable with the unknown. In the same time, you need to have good skills in process solving, as well as knowing how to use other teammate competences in order to make progress in the project.
- Minimum B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 6 years of relevant industrial experience in signal processing, electronics and PCB design and fabrication.
- Comprehensive knowledge of programming and experience in C, C++, Matlab, Python, Golang, or similar language used in the signal processing
- Knowledge of high-speed interface between FPGA and hardware
- Experience in signal processing for low signal measurement.
- Experience in sensor designing & fabrication will be an asset.
- Experience in optics, opto-electronics and/or photonics will be an asset.
- Experience in automotive or aerospace certification will be an asset.
- You should have dynamic project management skills, adaptive to fast-pace start-up working environment and must be a team player.
- Self-motivated, strong time management skills in order to reliably deliver solutions within budget and tight timelines to meet customer’s expectations.
- Strong participation as a team member as well as working independently; highly energetic and confident to convey a positive and professional attitude and demeanour in all interactions with others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; highly effective in formulating and communicating concepts, ideas, strategy to internal / external parties.
- Excellent research skills using Internet and printed materials; Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; A thorough understanding of electrical codes and safety approval processes.
- Highly detail oriented to ensure that design specifications are applied as intended, that sufficient documentation is provided and that issues are resolved effectively.
- Bilingual French/English an asset.
Reporting to the CTO, the Signal Processing Specialist role will include following broad responsibilities and any other assigned work from time to time.
- Designs, tests, prototypes and implements digital and analog electronic circuits, PCB’s; performs schematic capture, component specification, board layout, firmware development, etc.
- PCB verification and debugging in the LAB
- Coding in Matlab, Python, and C#
- Strong collaboration and networking skills with various design groups
- Design test system platforms
- PCB and circuit design of needed Hardware
- Development of code to be executed on test platforms
- Integration of test equipment and vendor hardware into test platforms
- Perform circuit analysis and traceability from the requirements to validate the design;
- Work with other team members to analyze, implement, and verify design issues and corrections.
- Helps to consistently increase the value of OSCP’s products by striving to improve product performance while driving down cost.
- Excellent prototyping skills including hand soldering of surface-mount components.
* Applicant needs to be a permanent resident of Canada
Please send your resume to: Richard.Beaudry@onesiliconchipphotonics.com
2. Postdoctoral or PhD Position in Integrated Photonics-Based Sensing
OSCPS Motion Sensing Inc., is looking for a Postdoctoral fellow or PhD, specialized in Integrated Photonics with experience in sensing technologies and more specifically related to accelerometers and gyroscopes. The candidate will participate in the development of integrated photonics-based motion sensors adapted for e.g. self-driving cars and autonomous drones.
One Silicon Chip Photonics (OSCP) Motion and Sensing Inc. was founded in 2015 and focuses its activities on the development of Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs), based on Micro-Opto-Electro-Mechanical (MOEMS) accelerometers and gyroscopes. In order to penetrate new markets like self-driving cars and autonomous drones, requiring extremely stable and accurate devices, the company is now developing an all-optical solution based on a Resonant Microphotonic Gyroscope (RMG) scheme that will be characterized by a much higher accuracy than MOEMS devices and that will feature a smaller size, in turn offering a more power efficient, cheaper and reliable answer to actual optical-fiber based solutions. The team is formed by a young and creative team, specializing in the fields of optical devices design & simulation, micro-fabrication, and characterization.
The ideal candidate will have a strong expertise in physics and more specifically on the interaction, propagation and manipulation of optical waves. He/she will be an experimentalist with hands-on experience in the characterization of integrated optical devices, deep knowledge in micro-optical sensors especially in the field of micro-optical resonators, knowledge in signal processing, and Allan variance measurements. Self motivation, leadership and strong communication skills are required, as well as a sense of initiative and fresh ideas. The candidate will then be responsible for building and maintaining new characterization set-ups for optical sensing measurements.
Highly qualified students with outstanding grades are encouraged to send an application including a Detailed CV with a full list of publications, a Cover Letter and three names of referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. OSCP also is looking for a driven MS.c or Ph.D. graduate in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Physics or related fields to join it's core team
What you will do at OSCP
- Apply your theoretical knowledge to solve the problems;
- Assemble and lead a world-class team;
- Apply for government grants;
- Advance the state of practice in your field by filing patents and publishing technical papers;
- Jumpstart your career in industry.
- Deep engagement with our partners and clients by participating in meetings, sharing ideas and establishing relationships
What you need to get this role
- Hands-on experience working with optical components such as splitters, circulaters, isolators, phase modulators, lasers, detectors, etc...
- Deep knowledge in micro-optical sensors especially in the field of micro-optical resonators
- Leadership and strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive;
- Sense of initiative and fresh ideas;
- Willingness to commit and take risks;
- Tangible technical achievements, which might include relevant work experience, patents, successful projects or publications;
- Deep knowledge in micro-optics especially in the field of micro-optical sensors;
- Experience in motion sensors and MEMS is a plus;
- Industry experience is preferred;
- Minimum Master degree, Ph.D is preferred;
- Reside within 100 miles of the city of Montreal;
Please send your resume to: email@example.com