One Silicon Chip Photonics
1. Postdoctoral or PhD Position in Integrated Photonics-Based Sensing
OSCPS Motion Sensing Inc., is looking for a Postdoctoral fellow or PhD, specialized in Integrated Photonics with experience in sensing technologies and more specifically related to accelerometers and gyroscopes. The candidate will participate in the development of integrated photonics-based motion sensors adapted for e.g. self-driving cars and autonomous drones.
One Silicon Chip Photonics (OSCP) Motion and Sensing Inc. was founded in 2015 and focuses its activities on the development of Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs), based on Micro-Opto-Electro-Mechanical (MOEMS) accelerometers and gyroscopes. In order to penetrate new markets like self-driving cars and autonomous drones, requiring extremely stable and accurate devices, the company is now developing an all-optical solution based on a Resonant Microphotonic Gyroscope (RMG) scheme that will be characterized by a much higher accuracy than MOEMS devices and that will feature a smaller size, in turn offering a more power efficient, cheaper and reliable answer to actual optical-fiber based solutions. The team is formed by a young and creative team, specializing in the fields of optical devices design & simulation, micro-fabrication, and characterization.
The ideal candidate will have a strong expertise in physics and more specifically on the interaction, propagation and manipulation of optical waves. He/she will be an experimentalist with hands-on experience in the characterization of integrated optical devices, deep knowledge in micro-optical sensors especially in the field of micro-optical resonators, knowledge in signal processing, and Allan variance measurements. Self motivation, leadership and strong communication skills are required, as well as a sense of initiative and fresh ideas. The candidate will then be responsible for building and maintaining new characterization set-ups for optical sensing measurements.
Highly qualified students with outstanding grades are encouraged to send an application including a Detailed CV with a full list of publications, a Cover Letter and three names of referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. OSCP also is looking for a driven MS.c or Ph.D. graduate in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Physics or related fields to join it's core team
What you will do at OSCP
- Apply your theoretical knowledge to solve the problems;
- Assemble and lead a world-class team;
- Apply for government grants;
- Advance the state of practice in your field by filing patents and publishing technical papers;
- Jumpstart your career in industry.
- Deep engagement with our partners and clients by participating in meetings, sharing ideas and establishing relationships
What you need to get this role
- Hands-on experience working with optical components such as splitters, circulaters, isolators, phase modulators, lasers, detectors, etc...
- Deep knowledge in micro-optical sensors especially in the field of micro-optical resonators
- Leadership and strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive;
- Sense of initiative and fresh ideas;
- Willingness to commit and take risks;
- Tangible technical achievements, which might include relevant work experience, patents, successful projects or publications;
- Deep knowledge in micro-optics especially in the field of micro-optical sensors;
- Experience in motion sensors and MEMS is a plus;
- Industry experience is preferred;
- Minimum Master degree, Ph.D is preferred;
- Reside within 100 miles of the city of Montreal;
Please send your resume to: email@example.com