One Silicon Chip Photonics
Location: Downtown Montreal
OSCPS is looking for a project manager with preferably experience in sensing technologies and more specifically related to accelerometers and gyroscopes. The candidate will participate in the development of integrated photonics-based motion sensors adapted for autonomous vehicles such as self-driving cars and autonomous drones.
As part of a multidisciplinary team organization, the successful candidate will work closely with our internal R&D engineers, our academic and industrial partners, and with our customers to develop PIC-based inertial sensors for autonomous vehicles market. The projects cover MEMS microfabrication processes as well as the control electronic, the optical design and the packaging.
- Manage technically and logistically complex programs. Develop detailed schedules to support responsibility to deliver product on time, to specification and at planned cost.
- Coordinate activity with engineering, materials, and operations organizations to position for success on the project.
- Manage and mitigate project risks.
- Assure communication with internal engineers as well as customers during project evolution.
- Leverage relevant technical knowledge to ensure that technical investigations and developments remain well-aligned to the overall project goals.
- Speaking to customers for assigned projects, providing superior support, and effectively managing demanding customers.
- Achieve results while reinforcing company’s cultural beliefs and maintaining a chain of accountability.
- Assume project management and coordination with all functional team members in a matrix organization approach.
- Writing grant proposals and any other task associated with the development of the start-up.
The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s or master’s degree with experience in Electronics and/or MEMS fabrication and/or integrated optical devices.
- 5+ years technical project management experience preferred.
- Project Management (PMP) certification preferred. Uncertified candidates will be expected to commit to pursuing certification.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Skill in managing a diverse range of personnel assigned to program, frequently without a direct reporting relationship.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and operate independently, solving problems hands-on when appropriate.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
The candidate must be proficient in English, both orally and in writing.
Knowledge of French is an asset.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Project Management: 3 years is required
- MEMS fabrication or Photonics: 3 years is required
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and or MEMS fabrication and or Photonics is required
Must be a permanent resident of Canada
Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred