One Silicon Chip Photonics
VP of Engineering
The Vice President of Engineering is a critical member of the executive team. This position oversees the complete delivery of new technical solutions for the company. An ability to provide both long-term vision as well as day-to-day practical solutions is critical for this role. Reporting to CTO, you’ll be applying your design, engineering, integration, and productization skills to lead our Hardware Systems Engineering team developing the world's most advanced Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) systems. You will develop new products that integrate our chip technology as we advance "IMU on a Chip".
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a small team and be a key player leading cutting edge photonics development.
What you will be doing:
- Formulate and execute upon plans to grow, develop, and lead internal engineering team
- Achieve corporate roadmap objectives and milestones.
- Drive direction, architecture, implementation, and validation of our chip microfabrication process for our gyroscope product roadmap
- Working with our Foundry and create/review our chip manufacturing process specifications
- Manage engineering decisions and scheduling with external design/fabrication vendors
- Build a strong team that meets our high performance standards and goals across multiple disciplines
- Manage test and qualification process for electronic boards, either internally or with vendors
- Ensure the entire technical staff are aligned with achieving corporate objectives
- Lead the entire technical team in day-to-day product development activities
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Work with our partners to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Assess and manage the principal risks of the organization's business operations
- Develop, communicate, and implement effective growth strategies and processes.
- Motivate the management team and the rest of the company by promoting a high-performance culture
- Track record of serving as VP engineering, R&D manager, or similar roles in Canada working for a small-medium semiconductor company
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment and deep knowledge of wafer processing
- Minimum of BSc degree in electronics, physics, chemistry, or any related area
- Permanent resident of Canada
- Minimum of 3 years technical leadership experience of a small company.
- Minimum of 3 years working with an Executive team
- You will not be contacted if you do not posses even one of the above criteria
What else we need from you:
- Strong analytical and communications skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, attention to details and commitment to corporate mission
- Excellent leadership, team building and coaching skills
- You see further and understand the big picture and the needs of other stakeholders to make something larger than what you can alone
- You think big and dream big You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
- Lead the team to ensure that career paths are outlined and skills are enhanced
Nice to have:
- Familiar with Optics, Microphotonics, or MEMS devices concept
- Exposure to large scale fabrication and project planning
If you are a skilled Engineering Manager seeking an opportunity at a well-funded early, stage startup who takes shipping innovative, world changing products seriously, this is a great job for you. Stock option will be provided for this job