Since its creation in 2015, One Silicon Chip Photonics (OSCP) has been developing high-performance state-of-the-art Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) systems and solutions. From initial versions based upon Micro-Opto-Electro-Mechanical (MOEMS) accelerometers and gyroscopes, OSCP is evolving it IMSs into fully integrated optical systems based upon a Resonant Micro-photonic Gyroscope (RMG) scheme delivering significantly better accuracy and performance than MEMS and MOEMS devices. Based on its proprietary know-how, OSCP’s IMU will offer a higher level of reliability, better efficiency, and lower cost in a significantly smaller package than current optical-fiber based solutions in the market. OSCP is actively looking for creative and talented individuals to join and evolve its team of talent.
Vice President of Engineering
The Vice President of Engineering is a critical member of the executive team. This position oversees the complete delivery of new technical solutions for the company. An ability to provide both long-term vision as well as day-to-day practical solutions is critical for this role. Reporting to CTO, you’ll be applying your design, engineering, integration, and productization skills to lead our Engineering team in developing the world's most advanced Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) systems. You will develop new products that integrate our chip technology as we advance "IMU on a Chip".
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a growing team and be a key player leading cutting edge photonics system development.
What you will be doing:
- Formulate and execute plans to grow, develop, and lead the internal engineering team
- Define corporate roadmap objectives and milestones.
- Drive direction, architecture, implementation, and validation of our chip microfabrication process for our gyroscope product roadmap
- Work with our Foundry to create/review our chip manufacturing process specifications
- Manage engineering decisions and scheduling with external design/fabrication vendors
- Build a strong team that meets our high-performance standards and goals across multiple disciplines
- Manage test and qualification process for electronic boards, either internally or with vendors
- Ensure the entire technical team is aligned to achieve the corporate objectives
- Lead the entire technical team in day-to-day product development activities
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Work with our partners to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives
- Assess and manage the principal risks of the organization's business operations
- Develop, communicate, and implement effective growth strategies and processes.
- Motivate the management team and the rest of the company by promoting a high-performance culture
- Track record of serving as VP engineering, R&D manager, or similar roles in Canada working for a small-medium size semiconductor company
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment and deep knowledge of wafer processing/Photonics devices packaging
- Minimum of BSc degree in electronics engineering, physics, chemistry, or a related area
- Permanent resident of Canada
- Minimum of 3 years technical leadership experience in a small company
- Minimum of 3 years working with an Executive team
- You must possess all of the above criteria to be considered
What else we need from you:
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, attention to details and commitment to corporate mission
- Excellent leadership, team building and coaching skills
- Visionary with ability to understand the “big picture” and to define strategies for achieving long-term goals
- Results oriented and thrive to address challenging problems
- You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace
- Team leadership ensuring that development plans are outlined and skills enhanced
Nice to have:
- Familiar with Optics, Microphotonics, Electro-optics, or MEMS device concept
- Exposure to large scale fabrication and project planning
If you are a skilled Engineering Manager seeking an opportunity at a well-funded early-stage startup who takes shipping innovative, world changing products seriously, this is a great opportunity for you. Stock option will be provided for this job.
Monday to Friday
Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Engineering Management: 5 years (preferred)
Submit CV and Cover Letter HERE