One Silicon Chip Photonics
Optoelectronics Test Engineer
OSCPS Motion Sensing Inc., is looking for an Electro-Photonics expert with experience in sensing technologies and more specifically, accelerometers and gyroscopes. The candidate will participate in the development of integrated photonics-based motion sensors adapted for e.g. self-driving cars and autonomous drones.
The ideal candidate will have a strong expertise in electronics and photonics engineering as well as software interface, and more specifically on the interaction, propagation, analysis, and manipulation of optical waves. He/she will be an experimentalist with hands-on experience in the assembly and characterization of integrated optical devices, as well as deep knowledge of micro-optical sensors especially in the field of micro-optical resonators. We are looking for a self-motivated, meticulous, creative, leader with strong communication skills, who is a good team player, capable of independent work with minimum supervision.
- Deep knowledge in micro-optical sensors preferably in the field of micro-optical resonators
- Minimum B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Electro-photonics, Physics (Optics) or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of industry working experience in optoelectronics signal processing and/or Integrated-Photonics system design and test is a must.
- Deep experience in signal processing of electro-optical devices is a must.
- Hands-on experience working with optical components such as splitters, circulators, isolators, phase modulators, lasers, detectors, and software.
- Leadership and strong communication skills.
- Highly meticulous and detail oriented to ensure that design specifications are applied as intended, that sufficient documentation is provided and that issues are resolved effectively.
- Tangible technical achievements, which might include relevant work experience, patents, successful projects or publications.
- Dynamic project management skills, adaptive to fast-paced, creative start-up working environment./Self-motivated, strong time management skills in order to reliably deliver solutions within budget and tight timelines to meet customer’s expectations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; highly effective in formulating and communicating concepts, ideas, strategy to internal / external parties.
- Industry experience is absolutely required./Experience in cleanroom, motion sensors and MEMS is a plus;
- You will be responsible for defining inertial sensors (accelerometers, gyroscopes, and IMUs) test specifications and validation needs as well as studying and approving verification outcomes.
- This work leverages your ability to identify, create, and document new sensing system metrics that deliver performace related to user experience.
- PIC building blocks (Splitter, circulator, filters, resonators, etc..) characterization.
- Previous experience with software OptiSpice, Limerical Interconnect, Cadence Allegro/OrCad, Vivado, Matlab/Simulink, Spyder Python, GCC/G++, Altium Desinger or Labview is a plus
- Working closely with hardware electronics team
- Create, build, debug optical test setup for sensor characterization, perform electro-optical experiments.
- Data analysis and reporting
- Participate in all aspect of the design of the opto-electonics devices.
- Procurement of optical, electo-optical and electionics parts based on performance needs.
* Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicant needs to be a permanent resident of Canada.